College Student Treatments
With recent advancements in teeth-straightening technology, there are now many more suitable braces options and alternatives that young adults will feel confident sporting even if they are past the typical braces-wearing age.
Orthodontic Treatment Options
Orthodontic treatment can be truly transformative at any age, and the health and confidence boosts are priceless. At Stormberg Orthodontics, Dr. Stormberg and our team of orthodontic specialists work hard to provide a variety of orthodontic treatments for college students, and patients of all ages, in La Mesa, El Cajon, Santee, and across San Diego County, proudly serving students at the University of San Diego (USD), San Diego State University (SDSU), University of California San Diego (UCSD) and surrounding colleges.
Orthodontic Treatment Options for College Students
College is a time of incredible growth and change. We know how important it is for you to enjoy every moment of your college experience, and we’ll tailor your orthodontic treatment to your needs and lifestyle. Straight teeth can improve your oral and overall health, and give you the confidence you need to succeed in life. Our treatment options include:
- Traditional Metal Braces – The 3M Unitek, Victory Series braces are made up of high-grade stainless steel brackets and wires that provide a reliable, and cost-effective way to move your teeth.
- Clear Braces – Similar to traditional braces, our 3M Unitek Clarity Series is made up of a series of wires and brackets. Yet rather than being made of up stainless steel, they are composed of a clear ceramic composite that blends in with teeth, offering a more discreet look.
- Invisalign® – The Invisalign System uses a series of removable clear aligners to straighten your teeth, without anyone even noticing you’re undergoing treatment. The aligners can easily be removed to eat, drink, and for special occasions. If you have questions about the financial and insurance aspect of treatment, visit our Financial & Insurance Information page.
Advantages of Treatment in College
Whether you never got braces as a child or teenager, your teeth have regressed after orthodontic treatment, or you’re simply unsatisfied with your smile, college is an ideal time to revitalize your smile through orthodontic treatment. Getting orthodontics in college is a simple, convenient way to perfect your smile before entering the “real world,” and thanks to convenient treatments like Invisalign, no one even has to know you’re getting treatment! Whether you determine braces or Invisalign is best for you, there are many benefits to pursuing orthodontic treatment as a college student or adult:
- Efficient Treatment – Older patients are typically more responsible with their orthodontic appliances, which makes their treatment quick and efficient. If a student is consistent in their orthodontic care, they can have a straight smile by graduation!
- Improved Appearance – If you’re looking for a change, a straighter smile is an investment that will last a lifetime and a great way to improve your appearance. With treatment options like Invisalign, treatment remains discreet.
- Improved Oral Health – In addition to improved aesthetics, a straighter smile also improves your oral health. Straighter teeth make it easier to clean and protect your teeth, gums, and jawbones from diseases and decay for years to come.
- Confidence Booster – Feeling good about your appearance is always a confidence booster. A straighter smile can restore your self-esteem and happiness. It will eliminate any discomfort you may have in social situations, class presentations, or dates!
We offer a number of orthodontic treatments for college students, including:
- 3M/Unitek Victory Low Profile Metal Braces: The most common form of treatment we offer, this is what most people think of when they picture braces. Made from stainless steel brackets and wires, metal braces are a durable, reliable, and cost-effective option for treatment.
- 3M/Unitek Clarity Clear Braces: Clear braces work the same way as metal braces, but instead of stainless steel, the brackets are made from a clear ceramic composite material that blends in the with the teeth. This makes clear braces a less noticeable alternative that still comes with many of the advantages of traditional braces.
- Invisalign & Invisalign Teen: Invisalign does away with brackets and wires, instead using a series of clear, removable aligners to straighten teeth. The aligners sit flat on the teeth and are invisible when worn, and it’s easy to take them out to eat, drink, brush, and floss. This makes Invisalign a convenient, virtually invisible treatment option – perfect for busy, socially-conscious college students!