Invisalign of San Diego County
Our San Diego orthodontist, Dr. Kurt Stormberg, has been recognized by the Invisalign as a Diamond+ Provider of Invisalign, placing him among the top 1% of Invisalign orthodontists in North America.
What You Need to Know About Invisalign
The Invisalign System is a removable, virtually invisible solution for convenient orthodontic treatment. We also use the iTero scanner, allowing us to take digital impressions and eliminating the need for physical impressions and orthodontic putty. Thanks to our commitment to using cutting-edge technology in our office, we can provide Invisalign with a better fit, providing more comfortable and more effective orthodontic treatment.
What is Invisalign?
- An alternative orthodontic treatment to traditional braces
- Virtually invisible, and removable
- Progressive series of custom-manufactured aligners
- No metal wires, bands or brackets needed
- Comfortable, efficient and convenient – perfect for teens, college students and adults!
Benefits of Invisalign with Your San Diego Orthodontist
Invisalign treatment at Stormberg Orthodontics comes with a number of benefits and advantages, including:
- World-Class Care: As a Diamond+ Invisalign Provider, we’re among the top 1% best Invisalign providers in North America. When you come to Stormberg Orthodontics, excellent treatment is a guarantee. Removable: You can pop the aligners in and out to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- No Special Diet: Because you take the aligners out to eat, you can still enjoy all your favorite foods.
- Oral Hygiene is Easy: You never have to worry about floss threaders or other special oral hygiene routines: just brush and floss your teeth normally.
- Perfect For College Students: If you’re a student at San Diego State University (SDSU), University of California San Diego (UCSD), or University of San Diego (USD), Invisalign is the perfect fit. The best years of your life can be even better with a beautiful smile!
My Invisalign Mobile App
In addition to the benefits and conveniences Invisalign offers on its own, we’re excited to report that there’s now a mobile app dedicated to making your Invisalign experience even more convenient! With the My Invisalign mobile app, you get automated reminders to wear your aligners, switch to new aligners at the right time, and get statistics on your progress towards a new smile. With My Invisalign, there’s never been a more convenient way to straighten your smile, and you’ll have access to all of the following features:
- Daily reminders to wear your Invisalign aligners for the correct amount of time
- Automated reminders when it’s time to change to a new set of aligners
- Progress tracking that shows what number aligner you’re on and how much longer you have to go
The Invisalign Treatment Process
During your Invisalign treatment, you’ll wear a number of clear aligners – as few as 12 or as many as 48. These aligners are created in a progression, with each new aligner moving your teeth closer to their final positions. You’ll wear each set of aligners for roughly 22 hours a day, removing only to eat, drink, and perform oral hygiene, and you’ll switch to a new set every one-two weeks. You’ll visit our La Mesa office about every two months. The total length of your treatment will vary depending on your specific orthodontic situation, but we’ll go over your expected treatment time during your initial consultation. As the treatment progresses, your teeth will move closer to their new positions – and once you’re finished, your new smile is yours for a lifetime.
New Technology for Young Faces
Recently, modern technology has allowed orthodontists to produce Invisalign Teen, a new treatment that’s putting a smile on young faces everywhere. It is a system of clear, removable aligners specifically designed for teens. If you (or a teenager you know) are a candidate for this treatment, you might find it’s the best fit for your lifestyle with its many benefits:
- You get to eat what you want
- It’s easier to clean your teeth
- Best of all, it’s virtually invisible!
An Aligner Just for Teens
For quite some time clear aligners for adults have been available, but until recently they weren’t recommended for teens in most cases. Why not? For two main reasons:
- It was thought that teens wouldn’t always wear them for the recommended 22 hours per day
- Since many teens have some permanent teeth still erupting (emerging from below the gums), the precisely planned movement of the teeth might be disturbed.
Luckily, technology has the answer. To ensure teenagers wear them for the recommended time per day, we have added “compliance indicators” located on the aligners themselves. These colored dots fade over time as the aligners are worn, showing whether or not you’ve followed the plan. In addition, these aligners are made especially for teens as they now come with “eruption tabs” built in. These tabs are designed to hold space for teeth that have not yet fully erupted.
Your First Visit: What To Expect
Your custom treatment plan.
Braces or aligners just for you.
Your new smile.
Just Moved? We Are Accepting New Patients!
FAQs from Dr. Kurt Stormberg
Because each patient is different, treatment time with Invisalign varies. You could be in treatment for as little as 6 months or as long as 24 months – it all depends on the specific type of orthodontic problem you have and how compliant you are wearing your aligners and keeping your scheduled appointments.
Yes. In order for Invisalign to work as it’s designed, you must wear your aligners for up to 22 hours each day. You can remove them when eating and when brushing & flossing. You can also take them out temporarily for those special occasions such as interviews or school photos as long as you put them right back in afterward.
Invisalign aligners are designed to be removed when eating. One of the greatest benefits associated with Invisalign is the fact that there are no food restrictions whatsoever. You can continue enjoying all your favorite foods including hard-crusted breads, corn-on-the-cob, etc. as long as you take your aligners out before eating, but be sure to at least rinse, if not brush and rinse, before replacing your Invisalign trays. Any foods with color or food coloring (coffee, tea, red sauce, curry, sodas) can be on your teeth and slowly stain your attachments and/or trays.
When you first start wearing Invisalign, you may notice that your speech is not as clear as it normally is. This is nothing to panic about, as you simply must get used to wearing the aligners. Just spend a bit of time speaking or singing out loud while wearing your aligners and before you know it, your speech will return to normal.
No, chewing gum is not a good idea because it will stick to your aligners and make a big mess.